For Information on pulling or inclement weather contact Kevin Metcalf at 828-654-7901
Farm Tractor Pull
Weight Classes and Pulling Order
Fee: $10.00 or 3 hooks for $25
| Class |
*Weight Class Includes
Farm Tractor Pull
1. Antique models through 1964 (any questionable age tractor or protest will be decided by a 3
man committee named at each tractor pull).
2. Gasoline, diesel, and Factory LP gas are approved fuels.
3. Any questionable age of tractor must have serial number intact and not
4. Tractors must weigh within limits of each weight class. One (1) entry per class.
5. Factory high
R.P.M. only- 10% overide allowed. Tractors subject to R.P.M. check at any time.
6. Tractors must retain stock engine
and stock appearance where possible.
7. Tractors are allowed 14" tire width in Classes 1 through 4; 16" tire width in
Classes 5 through 11; 18" tire width in Class 12; 23" tire width in Classes 13 and 14.
8. No altered tires by
cutting, trimming, etc. will be allowed. Cut tires are allowed only during Exhibition Pulls.
9. Add on weights are allowed. No weights to extend past 16" from face of
front tires. NO duals on rear. Rear weight bracket shall not extend past rear tires and weights shall not extend 12"
past rear of tires. Minimum of 10" width opening between rear weights required for access to clevis.
All tractors must start with a tight chain, start off easy, do not jerk sled,
no shifting of TAs. If your tractor has a factory TA, you are permitted
to shift ONE time.
11. Drivers must remain seated during pull with at least one hand on steering wheel --- unless tractor has
hand brakes. NO bouncing in seat during pull, Track Officials will disqualify puller.
12. Persons under 16 years of age must have track official and parent or guardian signature and approval before
13. Each puller has two (2) attempts to pass the 20' mark - pull is official after 20' mark is
14. Track official may disqualify any tractor driver for unsportsmanlike
conduct, intoxication, or failing to stop when red flagged.
15. No one allowed on track except pullers and
16. Pull is over when forward motion of sled is stopped or when red flag is dropped.
17. Front wheels
may not leave the ground more than 18" during pull.This will be flagman's discretion.
18. 20" maximum drawbar height - 18" minimum drawbar length from
center of rear axle to center of drawbar hole. 3" minimum horizontal free clevis shall be on tractor.
must be stationary with no more than one (1) inch movement vertically one (1) inch movement horizontally.
differential or driveline alterations.
21. A protest must be filed within weight class before next class
22. Flagman's decision is final.
23. No hotrod tractors or pickup trucks allowed to pull. No TURBO tractors.
24. In a pull
off situation, tractors must return to the staging area and only there may move weights on the tractor. Adding or removing weights will not be permitted.
25. WHEELIE BARS ARE
MANDATORY and must meet new standards if questioned. No wheels on bars.
26. All weights must be securely attached to the tractor. Any ballast lost while hooked to the sled
will be cause for the pull to stop (stop signal given by flagman) where the item is lost.
27. Maximum sled speed is 4.0 MPH. Puller is allowed one blow of horn. Puller will be disqualified if horn blows a second time.
28. If the tractor or sled touches the white line, pull stops (stop signal given by flagman) and is
measured. If puller does not stop when signaled, puller is disqualified.
pulling tractor must be able to stage, backup and hook to sled, and
maneuver tractor in a safe manner with no physical assistance.